Recordings of Elizabethan songs and Negro Spirituals, from scarce LPs made for the Fellowship of Reconciliation in the early 1950s by the great civil rights leader, who was also an excellent singerRecordings of Elizabethan songs and Negro Spirituals, from scarce LPs made for the Fellowship of Reconciliation in the early 1950s by the great civil rights leader, who was also an excellent singer
Formats and Editions
1. I Attempt from Love's Sickness to Fly (Purcell)
2. Flow My Tears (Dowland)
3. Cara e Dolce (A. Scarlatti)
4. Have You Seen but a Whyte Lillie Grow? (Anon arr. Dolmetsch)
5. The Lass with the Delicate Air (Arne)
6. I Saw Her as I came and Went (Rustin)
7. Ah! The Sighs that Came from My Heart (anon. arr. Rustin)
8. Gather ye Rosebuds while ye May (Lawes)
9. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
10. Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
11. Ezekiel Saw the Wheel
12. There is a Balm in Gilead
13. Careless Love
14. You Don't Have to Ride Jim Crow! (Anon. lyrics Rustin/Houser)
15. Go. Tell it on the Mountain
16. Mary, What you Gonna Name Your Pretty Little Baby?
17. Wasn't That a Mighty Day?
18. I Know the Lord Laid His Hands on Me
19. Shepherd, Where'd You Lose Your Sheep?
20. Sometimes I Feel Like A motherless Child
21. Lonesome Valley
22. Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?
23. He Never Said a Mumblin' Word
24. Lord, I don't Care Where You Bury My Body
25. He Arose
26. He is King of Kings